Born and Bred Dance Theatre are seeking 8 dance artists or professionals from a performance background to join them on the final weekend of their ‘Dancestry’ Project. The project is a unique collaboration between Born and Bred Dance Theatre and Saddleworth Museum that uses dance to learn about and explore the local history of Saddleworth. The project has been funded by the Heritage Lottery ‘All Our Stories’ Fund.
- To supervise your allocated group backstage during Tech/Dress Rehearsals and Performances
- To warm-up your allocated group in preparation for Tech/Dress Rehearsals and Performances
- To assist where needed with registering students upon arrival at the venue
- To assist where needed with handing out tickets to audience members and other Front of House duties such as showing audience members to their seats
- To assist with the dismissal of your group
- Experience of being in a performance environment
- Knowledge of expected behaviour when backstage or waiting to perform
- Experience of working with large groups of young children and teenagers in a performance environment
- Knowledge of behaviour management for larger groups and the ability to maintain control of a group without creating a negative ambience
- Holds a current CRB Check and Public Liability Insurance
- Capable of using own initiative
Dates and Pay
- Friday 22nd March, 4:30pm – 8:45pm, £60 Set Fee
- Saturday 23rd March, 1:15pm – 6:30pm, £90 Set Fee
Total Payment for both dates: £150 You don’t need to be available for both dates to do this job, however, we would prefer the same artist to be available on both dates where possible. To apply for this position please email Olivia Burgess at email@example.com with a brief statement outlining your experience for this job in relation to the person specification by Monday 11th March at 12 noon.
It is also worth mentioning that Born and Bred Dance Theatre are looking to recruit dancers/performers for future projects soon and this would be a great way to get to know the company and for us to get to know you.