Monthly Creative Dance Workshops in Saddleworth, about Saddleworth…
From January to March this year, Born and Bred Dance Theatre facilitated a unique collaboration between themselves and Saddleworth Museum. This project was called Dancestry and used dance to learn about and explore the local history of Saddleworth. Four schools from Saddleworth took part in the project; Greenfield St. Marys, Friezland School, St Edwards School and Saddleworth School and were central to making this project a huge success.
As the project was such a success it seemed a shame for it to come to an end so here at Born and Bred we have decided to run monthly dance workshops for the rest of the year! The workshops will take place on Sunday afternoons from 1pm – 3:30pm. Parents will be welcome to arrive at the end of the workshop (around 3:15pm) for tea, coffee and biscuits and to watch an informal performance (a sharing as its known in the dance world) of what we have created in the workshop.
Each workshop, like Dancestry, will take a different theme related to Saddleworth’s past, present or future. You don’t have to have participated in the original Dancestry project to take part in these sessions either - everyone is welcome as long as you are 7 - 11 years old!
Workshop Dates and Themes:
- Sunday 30th June - Whit Walks and Brass Bands
- Sunday 21st July - Operation: Lindy Hop (to get us ready for yanks weekend!)
- Sunday 22nd September - Dove Stones
- Sunday 20th October - Victorian Saddleworth
- Sunday 24th November - Howzat! A Cricket themed dance workshop…
- Sunday 22nd December - A Saddleworth Christmas
- Location: Greenfield St. Mary’s Primary School, Manchester Road, Greenfield, OL3 7DW
- One Child attending one workshop = £6.50
- One Child attending two workshops = £10
- Two Children attending one workshop = £10
- Two Children attending two workshops = £18
- One Child attending all six workshops = £30
- Two Children attending all six workshops = £54
Places are limited to booking in advance is highly advisable.
To book email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call Olivia on 07983469398